An immigration lawyer is a very helpful and valuable person to speak to for many reasons. As third-party who is completely unconnected to the U.S. immigration authorities, they can help clients deal with many different immigration-based issues. Due to the extraordinary complexity of U.S. immigration law, a good immigration lawyer can be necessary in many cases. Hiring an immigration lawyer can save a lot of time, annoyance, and money.
When Do You Need an Immigration Lawyer?
First, it is important to understand the most important situations in which to consult an immigration lawyer. You should certainly consult with an immigration lawyer if:
- You are not sure if you are eligible for a green card or other immigration benefits.
- You are asking for reliefs such as asylum or a waiver that requires directly persuading immigration authorities to hear your case and decide whether or not to make an exception for you.
- You are having difficulty obtaining a green card, citizenship, or similar immigration benefits.
- You need emergency help with an immigration-related matter.
- Removal or deportation proceedings have begun against you.
- You have been convicted of or have committed a criminal offense and are trying to enter or resist removal from the U.S.
- You have researched the immigration process and feel overwhelmed or confused by the amount of paperwork and tasks required.
- You are applying for an investment-based visa.
What Can an Immigration Lawyer Do?
It is also important to understand the many ways that an immigration lawyer can help you. The following list contains just a few of the many ways that immigrations lawyers can make your life easier:
- Explore multiple options. There are multiple ways that an individual can obtain legal residence, permanent or temporary, in the United States. It can be difficult for a layman to determine which options work the best for them, whereas an immigration lawyers’ prior knowledge of procedure will make this a much simpler process.
- Handle paperwork. An immigration lawyer can prepare applications and petitions for you, and even file them. This can help to avoid delays, common pitfalls, or potential mistakes on paperwork.
- Represent you with the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) or in court. An immigration lawyer will handle all direct communication with the government. All communication, when directed to your lawyer, can be evaluated beforehand. In addition, immigration lawyers will decipher the frequently-confusing government instructions and regulations for you.
Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers at Surin & Griffin, P.C. Handle Immigration Issues and Concerns
If you or someone you know is going through the complex and time-consuming task of immigrating into the United States, it may seem daunting. The dedicated Philadelphia immigration lawyers at Surin & Griffin, P.C. are prepared to help you through the process. Contact us online or call 215-925-4435 to schedule a consultation with our immigration lawyers.