Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers with Experience

Immigration law has always been complex, and it is constantly evolving. When it comes to something important, you need an experienced Philadelphia immigration lawyer that you can trust. At Surin & Griffin, we have a successful track record of counseling and representing clients in all types of immigration matters

Abuse Petitions

At Surin & Griffin, we have been helping people file immigrant visa petitions under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) for over 15 years. Certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and green card holders can file abuse petitions without their abuser ever learning about the application.

Citizenship and Immigration

Becoming a citizen opens many doors. U.S. citizens are eligible to vote, receive government benefits, work government jobs, and sponsor family members for immigration to the United States. The road to citizenship can be complicated with many steps and requirements. At Surin & Griffin, we have helped countless clients navigate this process.

Deportation Asylum

If you are in violation of a U.S. immigration law, you may be vulnerable to deportation, even if you entered the country lawfully. We can help you fight deportation, but time is of the essence. The deportation process is unpredictable, and things can move very quickly. If being deported to your home country would pose a great danger to you based on your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or political beliefs, you may file for asylum on behalf of yourself and members of your immediate family. Candidates for asylum have one year from their last entry into the United States to submit an asylum application.   If you are past the one year and do not know what to do, consult a lawyer immediately for your options.

Employment-Based Visas

There is a wide array of employment-based visas, including EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3. We can help you determine which visa is best for you and help you navigate the process to completion.

Family-Based Visas

United States citizens can petition for certain family members to obtain permanent residence in the United States. Green card holders have the option to petition for citizenship on behalf of a spouse or unmarried children. Refugees and those who have been granted asylum can petition for “derivative” status for certain close family members.

Help for HR Employers

Employers are prevented from hiring undocumented immigrants by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). The IRCA requires all employers to complete a Form I-9 for every employee hired, regardless of their country of citizenship. Employers who desire to hire immigrants and non-immigrants can turn to us to assist with ensuring the accuracy of your records. We also provide creative solutions to hiring obstacles, such as offering OPT or temporary work to F-1 students in an area directly related to their area of study.

practice areas

Help for Individuals – Immigration FAQs

When single individuals desire to live and work permanently in the United States, the task can feel daunting. Without family or an employer to assist you in making the transition, you may feel lost, overwhelmed, and confused. However, you have options. Without a sponsoring employer, individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts and sciences may be eligible for a “green card” for a position not based upon employment.  With employer sponsorship, labor certifications may be available to sponsor professionals, skilled workers, childcare providers, and blue-collar workers.

How Citizenship Attorneys Help

An experienced Philadelphia immigration lawyer can initiate the application process and walk you through every step toward completion. The lawyers and staff at Surin & Griffin are multilingual and can speak to you about your application in terms that make sense to you. With something as important as your future and the future of your family, attempting to handle the complex paperwork yourself can be disastrous.

Labor Certification Process/PERM

Most employment-based immigration petitions begin with a certification issued by the Department of Labor (DOL). U.S. employers must prove that there are no minimally qualified U.S. workers available for the position. Once the DOL certifies an application, the employer can apply for an immigrant worker petition and permanent residency on behalf of the employee and immediate family dependents.

practice areas


Naturalization is the process by which a foreign national becomes a U.S. citizen. Applicants must satisfy a list of requirements set forth in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and must be at least 18 years of age. The process can be lengthy and complex, and requires timely submission of forms, test preparation, and an interview with a USCIS Officer.

Non-Immigrant Visa

Non-immigrant visas are temporary visas for the purpose of business, work, or tourism. There are a vast number of non-immigrant visas depending on the purpose of your stay, such as visas for athletes, foreign military stationed in the U.S., diplomats, academic students, specialty occupations in fields requiring highly specialized knowledge, and temporary agricultural workers.


Our multilingual Philadelphia immigration lawyers and paralegals strive to communicate with our clients in terms that they understand, and in the language of their choice.

Immigration Law

Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers at Surin & Griffin, P.C. Help Clients in All Types of Immigration Issues

To learn more about how we can help you, speak to a multilingual Philadelphia immigration lawyer at Surin & Griffin today by calling 215-925-4435 or by contacting us online. Visit our convenient office location in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.