Immigration Attorneys

Experienced Philadelphia Immigration Assistance

Ensuring Compliance is Simple with a Philadelphia Immigration Attorney from Surin & Griffin, P.C.

The first step for obtaining a green card to achieve permanent residence through employment is called PERM. PERM is the process of obtaining labor certification. For an employer to get an approved PERM Labor Certification for green card, they must prove that they were unable to fill the position with a U.S. worker. The employer must be able and prepared to hire the foreign worker full-time and permanently, and must have a real job available to U.S. workers.

Job requirements must be what are customary for the position and may not be tailored to a specific person. Salary must be at least the current wage for that particular occupation.

How to get PERM Labor Certification

An employer can get certification by filling out an Application for Permanent Employment Certification. The form must include a job description, educational requirements, training, experience and any other specifications that are required. It must also include a statement of the immigrant’s qualifications.

The application must be signed by the employer, the prospective employee and the application preparer, if applicable, and then mailed to the processing center. Any applications filed electronically must be immediately signed by all three once the labor certification is received.

Before any of this, an employer must place two ads on two different Sundays in a general circulation newspaper or one in a general circulation paper and one in a professional journal if the position is of a higher level or requiring an advanced degree. Ads must be placed between 30 and 180 days before filing. The ad must list the name of the employer, the geographic area of employment and a description of the position specific enough to apprise U.S. workers of the job opportunity.

The regulations can be complex and it is important to follow them exactly to ensure you are in compliance with all state and federal laws. At the Philadelphia immigration law firm of Surin & Griffin, P.C., we have been aiding employers with immigration matters for more than 15 years. Our Philadelphia immigration lawyers can advise and guide you through the entire process so you don’t have to worry.

Immigration Law

Philadelphia Immigration Lawyers advise Employers on PERM Certification

If you are an employer interested in hiring immigrants but need advice on the law, you want an experienced Philadelphia citizenship lawyer from the Surin & Griffin, P.C. law firm by your side. We understand the law and we can ensure you are complying with all government regulations. We can be reached by calling 215-925-4435 or by sending us a message through our contact us page.